FAQ About Semi-Permanent Xtreme Lashes
Preparing for your lashes:
• Please have clean lashes before your appointment. You will maximize your time with the lash stylist if they don't have to clean makeup off your eyelid and lashes.
• Do not curl your lashes.
• Contact lenses are not recommended during session.
• Shower and have your hair washed before having lashes applied because you do NOT want to get them wet for 48 hrs.
In the 48 hours after your appointment:
• Do NOT expose your lashes to water, heat, saunas, steam and friction.
• Cleanse the face with a washcloth so there won't be any drippage on the lashes.
• Take a bath.
• If you must take a shower...make sure face doesn't come in contact with water. Keep water lukewarm so as not to create steam. Some people even use a visor or swim goggles to protect their lashes.
• If you must put eye makeup on after lash application, don't wash it off until 48 hrs is up.
• Sleep on your back to avoid friction.
• Switch to satin pillow cases (also good for your hair!)
• Keep oil based products AWAY from lashes!
Q: What are lashes made of?
A: Lashes are made of synthetic polyester that come in multiple lengths, thicknesses, colors and curls to match your natural lashes.
Q: How are they applied?
A: Extensions are applied to each individual lash with medical grade adhesive.
Q: Are Xtreme lashes right for me?
A: Lashes are not for people...
• with alopecia or are undergoing chemotherapy. Lashes are needed to apply extensions too.
• who have allergies/sensitivities to acrylates or cyanoacrylate adhesives (if you have had reactions to acrylic nails, extensions are not recommended).
• You need to be comfortable lying down with your eyes closed for at least an hour. Many people fall asleep!
• If you sleep on your stomach or rub and pull your lashes, extensions are not recommended for you.
Q: Can I apply mascara to lashes?
A: You shouldn't feel the need to apply mascara. Towards the time you need a relash you may put mascara on. Make sure it's oil free and not waterproofthese will dissolve the bond, making you shed lashes faster. When applying mascara, make sure to apply half way down the lash to the tips. Starting at the root will loosen extension.
Q: Are the extensions damaging to my lashes?
A: As long as the extension is applied to one natural lash and at a length and thickness that won't cause premature shedding. Extensions are considered better than mascara because you are tugging at the lashes when washing them and clogging the follicle with mascara.
Q: How long will they last?
A: A set with no fills will last somewhere around a month depending on how well you take care of them and your lifestyle.
• 2-3 weeks is what is recommended for a fill and than they will last indefinitely. Lashes shed naturally and you will probably notice the extensions shedding more since they are a lot longer and thicker then your natural lashes.
If you have any other questions please visit www.xtremelashes.com or call Nkd for more information. Thank You!